At CALUMO we know that finance people are task rich and time poor. Any time spent on one activity is ideally leveraged into the next. With that in mind, CALUMO has been designed to ensure time spent with it is constantly leveraged for additional benefit.
This means that:
- Report authoring occurs in the familiar environment of Excel utilising an existing skill set.
- Reports authored in Excel are not just reports but also input templates to support planning and data collection activities.
- When a report is published it is of itself thousands of reports depending on which slices have been added to the report. For example a single report with a slicer on cost center becomes a report for each cost center when delivered into the web.
- On publish, the original Excel worksheet used as the basis for the report is stored in CALUMO. This means that it can be retrieved in multiple scenarios, such as by report consumers who wish to take their web reporting to Excel for further work or report authors who wish to use that report as a basis for a new one.
- Reports can easily be linked. Any report or view created in CALUMO has a unique URL in the web. This means that reports can call each other to provide additional detail in aggregate these become Guided Analytics. Remember, any user who can use Excel can create these guided analytics parts.
- Because every report and view has its own URL, these can be called from any web application. There is no need to be in CALUMO in order to access any given report. This means that CALUMO reports can be called by other applications. A good example is Salesforce.com. In this scenario a single report can be generated in CALUMO and connected to Salesforce in minutes. This report effectively becomes thousands of reports in a single click. If you create a CALUMO report that contains sales information for a given customer and connect that to Salesforce, the report can be called for any of your customers in Salesforce.com and will appear showing the relevant data for that customer. From an end user perspective there doesn’t have to be anyindication that they’ve movedfrom Salesforce, allowing for a smooth delivery of information without the need to open several applications. In this example, Salesforce becomes an entry point to highly detailed data which doesn’t have to be uploaded into Salesforce.com and the end user doesn’t have to worry about how this is achieved.
- And of course, one version of the truth means no time wasted in guessing, checking or reconciling.
With CALUMO benefits are leveraged across 3 axes. Firstly by leveraging and extending existing skills you already have. Secondly by taking every opportunity to leverage the outputs created by CALUMO for future tasks. And finally by ensuring that CALUMO plays well with others in integrating with other modern web applications.