Case Study: Global Commercial Project, Mining Industry
One of our customers recently implemented a contract & shipment management system. Whilst great at its core function, its reporting capability is very poor. [We hear this a lot about line of business apps and ERP systems]. The lack of a good reporting capability was crippling end users; who were resorting to keeping local, off-line copies of their data in frustration !
The problems they faced:
- When they needed a new view or a report, end-users were completely reliant on external vendor resources;
- Analysts resorted to keeping copies of the database to meet their own needs; creating silos of outdated data;
- The duplication of data led to many dubious decisions based on inaccurate or incomplete data.
- It also created a security risk;
- Many man-months of effort was wasted in the process of extracting information and loading the data into the Crystal reporting engine.
- Bottom line: Good people were unable to perform at their best.
The Solution: Replace Excel and transaction reports with an Analytical BI tool ... CALUMO of course, which provides the following benefits:
- Easy Analysis. A multidimensional model connects in real-time to trading systems; allowing non-technical end users to query the live data to build reports and views that truly empower business processes.
- Intuitiveness. Drag and drop flexible query capability - which eliminated the need store off-line copies of the data.
- Reliability of data leading to quality decision-making. End users are now able to rely upon the underlying data since it is always up-to-date. The business can rely on the end-users to make decisions based on the very latest data. CALUMO empowers users to obtain any view or report in just a few minutes.
- Easy Access. Users consume the reports in real time in applications they are totally at home with - in a web browser, Excel, Word, PowerPoint or Outlook.
- Build it once - and don't reinvent the wheel. Having built something the first time, dont repeat the exercise. Reports and data views become reusable assets; end users share the work of others and they don't ever have to build the same thing twice.
- Huge Time Savings. Compared to the pre-CALUMO world, staff have saved up to 6 hours each day, increased accuracy and improved service levels to both internal stakeholders and customers.
- Predict the Future. Forecasting cash flows from the system is easy. The Finance team are now keen to expand the system, to provide a full budgeting/forecasting capability.
If you would like more information, leave a comment or email me email@example.com.