This page of the site is dedicated to all the really great things that we see and that CALUMO can do. It’s less formal than the other pages on this site – but it’s designed as a place for us to describe how we fit into the competitive landscape of Business Intelligence tools.
- CALUMO provides an amazingly powerful web reporting interface which sits perfectly naturally on top of your strategic data sources, and provides a level of end user empowerment not present in other toolsets available today.
- End user empowerment is a massively important concept for our clients. CALUMO reduces total cost of ownership significantly: the business can focus on the look and feel of the report which frees up IT to just focus on the data and calculations, and leads to less IT time being needed on report building overall.
- Web reporting is one of those unique things that – until you see it — it’s hard to visualise. We hear “what’s wrong with a bunch of excel reports?” a lot.
- The way that web reports cross integrate to any other web-enabled platform very easily. One example is that a Finance Report can seamlessly be integrated into Salesforce.com screens.
- The seamless and guided nature of the end user experience means less training is needed, much of the process documentation can be built into the screens; and the way they flow processes can be launched from emails that guide the user directly to the screen where action is needed, etc …
- Version control for web reports (The Report Vault). This is a HUGE benefit for our clients and it just isn’t available even as a concept in competitive tools.
- Java-script modification capability: an ability to provide most any kind of functionality needed on the webpage. This feature provides an enterprise level of adaptability almost anything can be accommodated.
- Direct SQL reporting from Stored Procs
- Cube Scalability – the SSAS cube platform is designed to scale to a cube size well beyond what “other tools” are capable of.
- Report Scalability – behind the scenes, many “other tools” use Excel services on their server. Beware – this comes a degree of overhead that could be an issue if you try to scale to a large number of users
- CALUMO inherently provides an ability to dynamically hide and show rows on the web reports based on virtually any logic on the report.
- The ability to store documents
- Drill through to transactions (ability to map in multiple procs, and then have links embedded in the drill through result screen to further reports)
- The ability to author an MDX statement that feeds into a web report
- The SSAS hypercube provides easy ways to combine queries across cube
- PowerPoint and Word integration
- Agility to change cubes easily without breaking reports
- The writeback methodology (stored procs) provides a much greater level of flexibility to control workflow (eg sending email alerts etc)
And here’s some things we’ve heard over the years from our clients:
- I really love the major contribution CALUMO has made in providing a strategic narrative to our Board, whilst providing a high level of accountability and transparency to our stakeholders who seek further details. VP/Director of Finance
- CALUMO has been great. I am extremely pleased that we decided to go with you. The software’s functionality is fantastic; reporting views are great & implementation has gone very smoothly. CFO
- All around a great experience. I believe you have tremendous opportunity in the US market. Please let me know if I can be of any help via reference. CFO
- CALUMO has definitely paid for itself. I had 2 finance team members leave and I don’t need to replace them because of CALUMO. It was great to share that news with the Board. CFO
- I thought it would take too much of my and my teams time to implement CALUMO but just happened with much effort at all. CFO